GunZ forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GunZ Extended Universe

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymnosi View Post
    I've been mulling over this idea for some time since I came back from the dead last year. GunZ could benefit from some sort of extended universe treatment similar to how star wars did it back before Disney gutted the whole thing. Basically it would be fan made extensions of the classic lore to fill out the gaps and push the story forward. This is important as it would allow content creators to flex their muscles and generate coherent content for the game that isn't just "lol random anime characters" type things and out of place maps and what not.
    This is what I have been trying to do for the past few years, re-use original GunZ content in models, maps and such to fit the game style/theme instead of importing Naruto or Dragonball Z characters into the game.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephanM For This Useful Post:

Liked by:
    Ennui, Sheen

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This is what I have been trying to do for the past few years, re-use original GunZ content in models, maps and such to fit the game style/theme instead of importing Naruto or Dragonball Z characters into the game.
    Would love to see some progress? ;o
    Sheen AKA AuroraUK / GzFKoron
    Who wants to make me a signature? :-P

Manager
    Rank
    Manager
    Likes (Received)
    Some basic, canon background... (adding this to the main thread post)

These are the setting details that I'm aware of. If I missed something help me fill in some gaps.

• Setting
      • World
        • There isn't a stated world name, but it is likely an oceanic world with continent sized land masses and several islands. There seems to be biomes of desert and forest, as well as significant natural cave structures.

• Continents
        • Astra: This is the only explicitly stated continent, which is where the Axium Empire and Travia Republic reside. On this continent we see ruins of presumably dead cultures, as well as colonial style cities and medieval style castles.

• Astran Regions

• The central region of Astra is occupied by the Axium Empire, presumably where Castle takes place, and has a mostly Medieval themed set of towns.
        • The southern region of Ilys is occupied by the Travia Republic, settled by them after a conflict between the merchant class and the royal class. This is presumably where Hall, Mansion, Garden, and Town take place.
        • The sea has several islands, one of which is a map called Island.
        • The sky has a floating island called High Haven, and is likely part of the Axium Empire. There is also Stairway and Lost Shrine which are more possibly part of one of the dead civilizations.
        • The northern regions have people who live up there, as specified by the Fimbul Winter set

• Factions
        • The Axium Empire is a medieval themed faction and the oldest living civilization.
          • "Headache of the Empire gang" pulled from the blue whistle set.
          • Carpediem School pulled from the set items.
          • The Axium Empire employed soldiers with a traditional rank structure (private, general)
          • Elite Troops - Wears gray dust outfit
          • Noble Class, not much stated about them except they had servants.

• The Travia Republic is a colonial themed faction. They are highly industrial and likely the inventors of guns, grenades, medkits, etc.
          • Healing Hands, medics for the Republic forces
          • Ares Pilots, as stated by the Icarus set, I'm attributing this to travia due to their technological prowess.
          • Gun Priests, not much said about them, they exist.

• Misc. Factions
          • Desert Flame - Uniforms for soldiers deployed to desert areas
          • Eternal Blue Pirates, known as Desperados of the Sea.
          • Iron Crows, from the city of criminals: Havany
          • Phantom Breed, spies from an ancient organization
          • Scrider Worshippers
          • Train Guards, neutral faction that guards the trains between the two factions.
          • Xian Tactical Assassination Unit - jesus fuck why is this a thing. Known as the Shadows of Justice.

• NPC Factions
          • Goblins
          • Kobolds
          • Undead
          • Palmpow

• Mythology
        • Scrider - God of Destruction
        • Canopus - God of Fire
        • Enia - God of Ice
        • Winscar - God of Lightning
        • Giston - God of Poison

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    Wow you've spent a long time on this, but it's good to see that. You could easily make a good story with all this info.
    Sheen AKA AuroraUK / GzFKoron
    Who wants to make me a signature? :-P

Manager
    Rank
    Manager
    Likes (Received)
    Agreed, im sure someone could make something good out of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123