Close
Login or Sign Up
GunZ forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad was Gunz 2?

Rank
    Likes (Received)

How bad was Gunz 2?

I never played it, untill it was "too late" i guess. Had to search for a match for 30 minutes and end up in a match with 400 ping so yeah... And that was a long time ago.

Idk im just intrested, was Gunz 2 that bad?

I know it wasnt the same as GunZ the Duel, but lets say if you never played the first one, would the second one be that bad?
    Was it only the fact that it wasnt "Gunz" that made the game bad, or was there some other major flaws in it?

Dont think people talk about the game much lol.
    \_(ツ)_/

Rank
    Likes (Received)
    After many years of hype I finally got to join a game, tried killing someone with a sword, died instantly, then uninstalled. So that was my experience with it. I thought maybe I could spearhead gladiator in GunZ 2, but instead realized quick that it was stupid and I didn't care when there was still GunZ 1 around.

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    I played GunZ 2 from day 1, and to be honest for the first couple of months, you could find a match within seconds. It was great.. but the huge dissapointing thing from it all was that the game was no where near like GunZ 1. They called it a sequel.. it may aswell been a whole new game.
    Sheen AKA AuroraUK / GzFKoron
    Who wants to make me a signature? :-P

Manager
    Rank
    Manager
    Likes (Received)
    If you looked at it as a new game all together instead of a sequel it wasn't terrible, but not good either. Really it was just a third person shooter and the person with the better aim would win 99% of the time, where as in GunZ aim was important but not everything as you needed to master movement as well as aim.

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    In all honesty they made a good new game, a lot of times when a game releases a new version of the game it looks mostly the same with just new content.
    MAIET kept the same game idea but used a new mechanic to sort of create K-style in a new way, in which they did succeed.
    People just expected it to be the same but with better graphics, in which MAIET could of advertised it differently so the expectation and reality will be near the same (instead of it being on two different sides as it was when released).

Unfortuantly the ping was a diseaster when released so I pretty much only played the campaign, which is a lot better vs the quest, survival and challenge quest we all know.

The one thing I would bring from GunZ 2 to GunZ : The Dual would be moving solid objects that you could use in a map.

Rank
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah i feel like that was the main problem with it (or what i've heard atleast), they didnt make a new gunz, they made a gunz with the one thing that made the game unique removed. It looked really cool at first tho not gonna lie maybe it would've done better with a diffrent title, something thats not gunz.
    \_(ツ)_/

Rank
    Likes (Received)
    Instead of a sequel they should have just focused on a remastered version of GunZ: The Duel. All they had to do was make the same game but with updated graphics and everyone would have been happy. I don't know much about game development or coding, but I'll assume it would be easier to update graphics than it would be to create an entirely new game.

Developer
    Rank
    Developer
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviok View Post
    Instead of a sequel they should have just focused on a remastered version of GunZ: The Duel. All they had to do was make the same game but with updated graphics and everyone would have been happy. I don't know much about game development or coding, but I'll assume it would be easier to update graphics than it would be to create an entirely new game.
    Yes, but that was not the point of GunZ 2, which is the problem people have.
    Most players look at it with that is should be the same game but a new look, MAIET just wanted to improve the game and go further with extra skills, mechanics, maps and such.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StephanM For This Useful Post:

Liked by:
    Wraith

Reality, What is?
    Rank
    Administrator
    Likes (Received)
    actually enjoyed gunz 2 tbh was a fun game, Laughed my ass of with some people about the bugs and such and then they all got patched and the game became boring af.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain For This Useful Post:

Liked by:
    Wraith

Rank
    Likes (Received)
    Things are very different now i'd say, it's hard to learn the things you need to because it's all stuff you learn from the community , specific class mechanics and bugs. But after you do and get into a game it's very rewarding and fulfilling to pull off the stuff you learned, i started playing shortly after Shadow Dancer came out it was a good time to start learning how to aim and play online shooting games for me, helped mold me into who i am today. Besides all of that yes it's bad on your own but it great with someone to teach you it may be a bit hard but if you're willing to give it a try again i can teach you :3 people usually play friday-sun 5-9pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast